At Mel Maria, we believe that each child is a precious gift from God created as an individual with his or her own unique gifts, talents and abilities. Our aim is to cherish each child and create an environment which enables all children to experience the joy and wonder of our world.
The time your child will spend in primary education is a most significant period in your child’s life and in the life of your family. It is our vision that our school will be a place where:
- Children are provided with an opportunity to receive a quality Catholic education.
- Children develop an awareness and appreciation of God’s love for them as individuals.
- Children are inspired and challenged by a comprehensive and engaging curriculum.
- Children have a desire to learn and strive to achieve their best.
- Children’s individual needs are catered for to the best of our ability.
- Children are embraced by an atmosphere of mutual trust and co-operation among all members of the community.
- Children witness positive and collaborative interactions between parents and teachers and parents and students.
- Children gain an appreciation of culture in all forms.
- Children are engaged and encouraged to participate in an active, physical and healthy lifestyle.
We recognise the unique contribution made by parents to the life of the school and to the learning of the children. Education today demands parents are seen as partners and active contributors in the task of enabling children to reach their full potential. When parish, home and school share a common vision and work together there is likelihood of achieving success.
It is most important that we are recognised as a Catholic school first and foremost, with Jesus as the model. Our mission is to proclaim and witness the Gospel in a Catholic environment, and we aim to integrate these gospel values into the entire curriculum and life of the school. It is therefore critical that staff, students and parents work together in a spirit of Christian cooperation.
The learning programme we offer at our school aims to address the needs of all students and to provide the broadest range of educational experiences so that every person can enjoy achievement and success. As a staff, we will make every effort to keep abreast of educational developments and to integrate the best of the new with traditional educational values.
As principal, I look forward to participating in the exciting journey with you and to share the dreams and aspirations you have for your child at Mel Maria School.
We feel privileged to walk this journey with you and will be happy to discuss your child’s individual needs and the services offered by our school.
Mr Paul Hille