Currently we do not have any staff vacancies
Applicants for all positions at Mel Maria Catholic Primary School must be willing to support the objectives and ethos of Catholic Education and the Vision and Mission of the School.
Western Australian Teachers Registration Board
It is a requirement by law for teachers to become members of the Western Australian Teachers Registration Board. More information can be found at http://trb.wa.gov.au/
Crim Trac and Working With Children
Applicants for non-teaching positions must supply a Working With Children Check and a 100 point Australian Federal Police Clearance (not more than 12 months old). A Police clearance form can be found at www.det.wa.edu.au/screening/docs/police_clearance.pdf
Accreditation to Work in a Catholic School
When appointed to a position in a Catholic School, staff members need to gain an adequate understanding of Catholic faith, tradition and practices that enable them to carry out their particular responsibilities in the school. An accredited professional development program is provided by the Catholic Education Office to achieve this. Full details of Accreditation requirements can be found on the Catholic Education Office website.
Conditions of Employment
Applications require to:-
- Submit - a curriculum vitae or resume
- the names of 3 refugees (one to be your Parish Priest)
- evidence of your Qualifications, Accreditation status, Teacher Registration (if applicable) and Working with Children details.
- Attend – an employment interview (if shortlisted)
- Sign – a contract of employment (if the preferred applicant)
- Partake – in the school’s ongoing Induction Program
- Meet and greet our school community.